Enforcement of Court Orders

Motion for Contempt and Enforcement?
At the conclusion of a family law case such as a divorce or paternity action, the parties are obligated to follow the time-sharing and support orders of the court. When one of the parties fails to follow the court order, that party can be held in contempt of court.

The most common violations of a court order are the non-payment of support or not properly following the time-sharing schedule so one party misses time with their child(ren).  When should you file a Motion for Contempt and Enforcement?  What is reasonable?  I understand your frustration with the situation, but I do not waste your time with false promises or false hope.  If I feel you do not have adequate grounds to hold the other party in contempt, I will tell you.

On the other hand, if someone is grossly in arrears for support, I will let you know that we can have them held in contempt of court and ask the court that they be forced to pay a fine or be sent to jail.  If an Income Withholding Order is not already in place, we will ask that one be entered so that your support is directly deducted by their employer from their paycheck.

If you need help enforcing a court order, I can inform you of all options for enforcement.  Call my office at (321) 728-2311 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation.  I look forward to meeting you.